- Permanent Link:
- [Small Cruise/Steamship Lines, Box 1]
- Laurence Miller, donor
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Abercrombie and Kent.
Aegean Dolphin (Ship)
African Safari Club.
Alaska Cruises, Inc.: part of Alaska cruising's pre-history. The collection includes a 1957 brochure on Coquitlam.
Andrew Weir Shipping Limited.
Bamaco: offering cruises on La Perla, 1978.
Belgian Line (CMB).
Brilliance of China (Ship)
Compagnie Francaise de Navigation Mixte.
Continental Cruise Line
Cruise Ship Safety Review Task Force. Report. 31 October, 1995.
Curnow Shipping Limited
Delta Queen (Ship)
Dolphin Hellas Cruises.
Enna G (Ship)
Federal Government Shipping Service.
Federal Maple (Ship)
Federal Palm (Ship)
Furness Withy & Co., Ltd.
Club Med 1 (Ship)
Cosmos Cruising Holidays.
Cabo Izarra (Ship)
Corsican Express (Ship)
Jamaica Queen (Ship)
Jin Jiang (Ship)
KD German Rhine Line.
Khedivial Mail Line.
Kota Singapura (Ship)
La Palma (Ship)
La Perla (Ship)
Lion City (Ship)
Lykes Brothers Steamship Company, Inc.
La Palma (Ship)
Lowell Thomas Discoverer (Ship)
Lowell Thomas Explorer (Ship).
Margo-Pacific Lines, Inc.
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines Ltd.
Mohamed Ali El Kebir (Ship)
Nauru Pacif c Line.
North Shore (Ship)
Pilgrim Belle (Ship)
Princes Irene (Ship)
Prins Willem Van Oranje (Ship)
Royal Star (Ship)
St. Helena (Ship)
Sakura Maru (Ship)
Sea Cloud (Ship)
West Indies Shipping Service.
World Renaissance (Ship)
Yarmouth Castle (Ship)
Yao Hua (Ship)
- This section is devoted to small cruise and steamship lines that, while interesting, consist of one to several pieces. Lines included are the following:
- Abercrombie & Kent: occasional charterers of exotic small passenger ships, the collection includes a 1990 color brochure when the firm was using the Turkish Halas also, lavish color brochures on Sea Cloud for cruises in 1997, 1998, and 1999; these have interior color photos and deck plan.
- African Safari Club: Indian Ocean cruises using Royal Star. Collection has one 1992 brochure, unillustrated.
- Alaska Cruises, Inc.: brochure featuring Coquitlam issued Summer, 1957. Has deck plan and b&w photos of interiors.
- Belgian Line (CMB): color brochure with deck plan and interior color photos of Fabiolaville and Kananga.
- Canadian National Steamships: 1956 brochure for 12-passenger freighter services from Halifax to Bermuda and the West Indies.
- Cap San Diego, Museum Ship, Hamburg, "A Tour of the Ship."
- CHAT Cruises: 1968 brochure on Meltimi.
- China Cruises/Holidays: coastal and river cruises on board Chinese vessels including Yao Hua (Brilliance of China), Hai Xing.
- Clarke Steamship Company Limited: 1957 brochure on St. Laurence/Newfoundland cruises.
- Club Med: operated sail cruiseship Club Med 1 and 2. Collection includes brochure on Club Med 1.
- Club Sea: proposed cruise line that never operated; bochure and flier issued in 1986.
- Coastwise Cruise Line: operator of Pilgrim Bell, brochure for 1984-85,
- :Compagnie Francaise de Navigation Mixte. one flier on S/S Cesaree, 1964-65.
- Continental Cruise Line: operated the Jamaica Queen: flier, no year, just sailing dates.
- Cosmos Cruising Holidays: Operated a variety economy cruises marketed to Britain. Collection includes 1969/70 and `971-1972 brochures.
- Cruise Ship Safety Review Task Force. Report. 31 October, 1995.
- Michigan-Ohio Navigation Company: a 1959 brochure on Aquarama.
- Dolphin Hellas Cruises. Small Greek Island cruise operator.
- Donald L. Ferguson Cruises: operator of Xanadu in Alaska, Mediterranean, and Galapagos cruises.
- Donaldson Line: ran two passenger-cargo ships from Scotland to Canada.
- Empresa Insulana de Navegacao: the Funchal, normally a Lisbon-Azores passenger ship was occasionally chartered out for cruises. There is an accommodation plan showing first and tourist accommodation, and a cruise brochure from 1991.
- Federal Government Shipping Service (managers: Furness Withy, owners: West Indies Shipping Corporation, interisland passenger and cargo services to island between Trinidad and Jamaica. Collection includes January-June 1962 schedule, passenger fares, and folder with deck plan of Federal Palm and Federal Maple, the ships employed.
- FJell-Oranje Lines: operators of a passenger-cargo service between Great Lakes ports and Europe, including St. Lawrence Seaway cruises as part of this service.
- Gallapagos Tourist Corporation, operators of Buccaneer to these islands: 1982 fares and itineraries.
- Geest Line: section of "Cruise News" describing accommodation and cruise life.
- Greene Line Steamers, Inc.: original operators of Delta Queen.
- Iceland Steamship Company: services between Iceland and Denmark via Leith, Scotland using the Gullfoss. There is a 1972 brochure with mini deck plan and a few color interior illustrations.
- Intercruise: brochures on La Palma for 1980, 1992, 1 n.d. with deck plan and color interior photos.
- Jetship: operated service between UK and Australia using air to Singapore and ship -- either charter or group -- from that point or another onward to Australia. There is a 1975 schedule and fare information. Primary ship used was the Kota Singapura (a.k.a. Lion City).
- KD German Rhine Line: brochure for 1972 on river cruises.
- Khedivial Mail Line: Egyption firm operating a passenger and cargo service between U.S. and Alexandria, Egypt and Beirut, Lebanon. Collection includes deck plans of the line's two former Victory ships. and 1957 fares in a narrative descriptive brochure.
- Lykes Brothers: a single brochure describing accommodation on their freighters.
- Margo-Pacific Lines, Inc. Operated the Mazatlan on Pacific coastal cruises.
- Mediterranean Sun Lines: cruise brochure (3) on Mediterranean cruises during 1983.
- Michigan-Ohio Navigation Company: 1050 brochure on Aquarama (2)
- Midwest Cruises: 1975 cruises using Lowell Thomas Discoverer; 1977 schedule with Lowell Thomas Explorer.
- Mitsui O.S.K.: emibrant services between Japan and South America.
- Nauru Pacific Line: 1982 sailing schedule and fares for passenger-cargo service from San Francisco and Honolulu to several islands in Micronesia. There is also a brochure (n.d.) with color photos of interiors.
- Nomikos Lines: one of many small Greek operators offering Adgean cruises.
- General Note:
- Source Institution:
- The Wolfsonian-Florida International University
- Holding Location:
- The Wolfsonian FIU Library Collection ( LAURENCE MILLER COLLECTION )
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- XC2008.09.1.414 ( accession number )
21230389 ( EOS.Web )